Saturday, September 08, 2007

last bus home...

Every night when i leave my office for home, i walk to the bus stop and whenever i walk, i start thinking, thinking about all kind of shit in this world. I put on my cheap FM/AM radio to avoid but it does'nt help at all..with every new song, i start thinking about every new shit. but i love it, i love my last bus home...i mostly catch the same time bus, so obviously the driver is always same and so the people who travel in it. This develops a kind of association, a strange kind of association, you talk with each other without speak a word.

This driver, is a old white guy may be around 55-60 yrs, has grown his mustache and beard. I don't know his name but i would love to call him "Joe". I kind of like him ...whenever you board the bus, he welcomes you inside with the smile and when you get off, he will always say "have a good day/night" I kind of see a father figure in him. Then there is another old black lady who boards from the first station i guess and sits next to the driver. She laughs like a Dracula ...sometimes she scare the shit out out of me when i am sleeping after a hard day's work. I don't know what to call her...lets call her "Aunty D". She always crack a joke or laughs over the joke cracked by someone else sitting around her. Then there is another sweet girl who boards the bus from mall, i guess she works there as some certified technician....whatever...but she is sweet, very young, 20-23 yrs of age may be. lets call her "Anna". So, Anna is sweet... I always stare at her from the last seat. It makes me feel so young, so good.

And then there is another punk who boards the bus from very next stop ...he looks like a gay to me but he seems not ...he wears a short hairdo, always hang an aviator light-brown glasses over his head, wears a cunning look, sharp eyes hunting for girls all the time. ummm lets call him...i donno...lets call him "dude" for the time being. "Dude" always tries to talk to Anna and i kinda hate this...and Anna too and aunty D too...i mean whenever he see some women in the bus, he try to catch her attention and start bothering her. I must see "Dude" off the bus sometime....motherhucker...anyways, there are many other people who comes in or out of the bus but they are not regular except the people i mentioned above and "Jannie". Now, who the fuck is Jannie? Well ...Jannie boards from the next station... :-)

She always wear her glasses whether its a day or night or whatever. She is chubby but lovely. First time i caught her attention when she was walking inside the bus for the seat towards me and she smiled when our eyes met. Only later i found that she was smiling for someone else on the other side of the phone ...whatever...i kind of like her. I kinda hooked ..man..to her ;-) she sits next to my seat and i always daydream/night dream while sitting behind her. Today she was wearing white top and maroon(ed) skirt. Jannie was eating something and was trying to open the bottle cork but could not open it. I thought this is the time dude... ask her for help..ask ..ask...and "tappp"....there she opened the mother*****r cork. I heard someone yelling " loser!!!" or may be its just my imagination...or whatever...

I love it all....i love to see outside from the big window glasses of bus, i love skyscrapers outside, reflection of sunlight from hudson river, falling on them. I love dark empty roads, streets and city lights.

I love to fall asleep on the back seat with my head resting on the big window. I love to listen my FM which plays Led Zepp stuff most of the night time. One by one everybody get off the bus. My stop is almost at the end of route. last 15 minutes of it is like i am alone sitting in the bus with Joe on the driver's seat. One thing about Joe i liked is that he never looked tired even though he is aged, even though he drives that big blue bus all day long...i wonder.... and i wonder about so many other bullshit things in this goddamn world...

Joe: "hey" ...(Joe stops the bus and shout as i fell asleep again....)

me: "ohh....thanks Joe, see you tommorow...have a good one"....

Joe: you too buddy...

1 comment:

born_in_the_woods said...

brilliantly written..
good writeup, loved reading it...