Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Mar Adentro

Its about the day when I first watched the trailer of "No Country For Old Men" back in 2007 winters while chewing those fatty acid gums and killing my precious arse lying over sofa.

I was so moved by it and with this guy with weird hairdo (Javier Bardem), that I had to drag my lazy ass to watch this movie in theater. And wow! I was fucking bowled over by his performance. Even though it was so obvious that the movie's gonna be a joyride as its directed by Coen Brothers, this guy surprises you with his amazing screen presence and out of the world performance.

Okay, I am not trying to write any movie review here and fail miserably.

All I am trying to do is explain the reason I watched the Spanish award winning movie "Mar Adentro" (The Sea Inside).

Though this movie has won many awards, the real reason I took my precious time to watch this movie is because of this dashing Spaniard "Javier Bardem".

Mar Adentro is a true story about Ramon Sampedro (Javier Bardem), who's condemned to life as a quadriplegic. Its about the struggle (of almost 30 years) of this man's desire to die with dignity (euthanasia ).

Ramon' was an extraordinary man who also inspired his lawyer, Julia and a local woman to achieve something beyond their wildest dreams.

I loved this movie and again stunned by Javier's performance. Go watch it!!!

Now I can't wait to watch "Before Night Falls" which also led him to win many best actor awards.

Before Night Falls is powerful glimpse into the life of famed Cuban poet, homosexual and novelist Reinaldo Arenas (Javier Bardem). This moviespans several decades in his eventful life and also stars Johnny Depp and Sean Penn.

Now I am not forcing you to watch these movies... ..its your call..

...and as Chigurh's (Javier's character in No Country For Old Men) trademark phrase goes,

"Call it, friendo"

3 comments:

Ankur said...

Well..its just that yesterday I watched Children of Heaven...and instantly I could recollect someone writin bout it..that makes me think..about the other two recommendations...

Panduram Ganpathrao Dhule said...

You have good memory Ankur...Sadly I lost all my old posts..

Ankur said...

These posts are precious. They are getting written by you...

I hope you don't loose it any further. God bless ya :).